Fall Training Starts Nov 28,
Registration Now OPEN!
Mediation is a voluntary method of dispute resolution in the parties settle their dispute with the aid of a trained mediator or a co-mediator team. Agreements are reached through effective communication, negotiation, compromise and exploration of options. Any dispute may be brought to mediation as long as both sides agree to attempt a mediated solution.
This 32-hour training is provided by Groundswell staff, and exceeds the requirements of the Dispute Resolutions Programs Act (DRPA). Successful completion of the training qualifies the new mediator to participate in DRPA mediation programs across the state of California.
Testimonials and Success Stories:
About Our Training
- History of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Resolution Program Act and Regulations
- Understanding Conflict, Conflict Styles and the Cycle of Conflict
- The Facilitative Style of Mediation
- The Mediation Process: Stages of Mediation
- Preparing for Clients and Developing Trust
- Active Listening Skills and Reframing Toxic Language
- Managing Threats to the Process and Power Imbalances
- Creating Options / Building on Agreement / BATNA
- Writing Agreements
- The role of Bias in Mediation
- Ethics in Mediation
- LIVE COACHING in mediation roleplay sessions
- The cost for the 32-hour training is $675
- DISCOUNTS: A $50 discount is available for early registration (prior to October 31)
- Please contact us to inquire about special group discounts.
- FINANCIAL NEED: Groundswell would like to provide opportunities for those with financial need to receive Dispute Resolution training opportunities. Contact us to discuss your special financial needs or to set up a payment plan.
- CANCELLATION: Any cancellation/refund requests must be in writing and received 14 days before the first training date and will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
- Tuesday, Nov. 21 6-7pm (optional orientation)
- Tuesday, Nov. 28 6-9pm
- Thursday, Nov. 30 6-9pm
- Saturday, Dec. 2 9-4pm
- Tuesday, Dec 5 6-9pm
- Thursday, Dec 7 6-9pm
- Saturday, Dec 9 9-4pm
A limited amount of partial scholarships are available for individuals with financial need and who are able to demonstrate an interest in conflict resolution and mediation.
Groundswell can only provide partial scholarships. All accepted applicants are required to attend the entire training. The cost of Groundswell’s Basic Mediation Training is $675 ($625 early bird). Each applicant may request a maximum scholarship of $575.
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, you are encouraged to apply early. If you are selected as a recipient, you will be emailed instructions on how to claim your scholarship.
ADDITIONAL MEDIATION OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR VOLUNTEERS AND INTERNS
Our Mediation Program provides an opportunity to get hands-on experience as a practicing mediator with our Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. As a volunteer mediator, you can practice and develop your mediation skills while applying them in real-life community and court-based situations.
Upon completion of this Basic Mediation Training we welcome you to apply for this program. Applicants for this program must be available during our daytime weekday hours (8am-5pm) and be able to participate for a minimum of six months. Individuals with bilingual abilities are particularly encouraged to participate in this program.
If you’re interested in future training dates, please click the button below and we’ll add you to our interest list, so you’ll be notified of upcoming trainings.